EU Reimbursement Seminar Medical Devices
The Government of Alberta, International and Intergovernmental Relations, in cooperation with Alberta Innovates Technology Futures and BioAlberta invite Alberta companies to participate in a EU WORKSHOP REIMBURSEMENT FOR MEDICAL DEVICES.
Wednesday, June 18, 2014
Alberta Innovates Technology Futures,
Karl Clark Rd NW, Edmonton, AB T6N1E4
- Europe represents a highly attractive market for Canadian medical technology manufacturers.
- The total European Union market for medical technologies is approximately $95 billion – second only to the U.S. The market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7% from 2009-2016 reaching US$150 billion by 2016.
Why Should You Join?
- All European countries have very different reimbursement environments, health care practices, sales and distribution options. Choosing the countries that best suit your company and products for initial launch and future sales is crucial as incorrect steps are costly.
- This seminar will present key issues for product launch and strategies to ensure successful sales against the reimbursement background.
- You will learn how to decide which countries are best suited for your business, about the various reimbursement schemes in the larger European markets and about first steps towards cost-effective operations in this regard.
- This seminar will focus on Germany and provide additional information on the UK, France, Italy and Spain.
Opportunity for 1-on-1 meetings
Interested companies have the opportunity for a 1-on-1 meeting with our presenter, Michael Weisser, Research Consultant, Assessment in Medicine, Research & Consulting (AiM GmbH) after the presentation session.
8:00 am Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:30 am Welcome
8:40 am Presentations by organizing partners
9:10 am Reimbursement in Germany – Part 1
10:15 am Networking/Coffee Break
10:45 am Reimbursement in Germany – Part 2
11:50 am Overview Reimbursement in France
12:10 pm Lunch Break
1:10 pm Overview Reimbursement in the UK
1:30 pm Overview Reimbursement in Italy
1:50 pm Networking/Coffee Break
2:20 pm Overview Reimbursement in Spain
2:40 pm Q&A and Wrap-up
3:10 pm Start of 1-on-1 meeting session
About the speaker:
Michael Weisser is a research consultant at Assessment in Medicine, Research & Consulting (AiM GmbH), Germany. He has several years of experience in reimbursement and evidence evaluation of diagnostic and therapeutic medical devices in Europe, focusing on Germany, Switzerland and Austria. A key feature of his work is the conversion of research results into strategy recommendations for the optimization of market access with respect to reimbursement aspects, as well as the transformation of these strategies and their implementation into precise real-life steps. Mr. Weisser holds a Master equivalent degree in economics, specializing in social politics and hospital management, from the Albert Ludwig University of Freiburg, Germany.
REGISTRATION Free of charge - Click Here for Registration Form - Registration Deadline: 13 June 2014
For additional information, registration for the workshop and to book a
1-on-1 meeting, please contact:
Senior Trade & Investment Officer
Europe Branch - Alberta International and Intergovernmental Relations
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: 780-427-0472