Opportunity for Alberta health technology companies interested in expanding to EUROPE
The Canadian Technology Accelerator in France (CTA@FRANCE) is recruiting Health Technology companies!
CTA@FRANCE is a 3 to 4-month program in Paris of the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD), designed to help emerging Canadian health technologies companies to accelerate their business development in France and Europe.
What kind of companies would benefit the most?
Technology driven companies in the medical device and health IT sectors, offering a product or service that addresses a significant medical or health system need in the context of aging populations, and rising healthcare costs.
Opportunities in the following areas:
- Health analytics to support clinical decision
- Mobile Health solutions for patient engagement
- Telehealth solutions for independent living
- Big data/genomic data/cloud
- Serious game/simulation/therapeutic education
- Rehabilitation equipment or software for brain diseases
- Brain imaging analytic tools
- Medical devices or digital platforms for neurosurgery
What are the eligibility criteria?
- We are looking for companies that fit the following profile: (See attached file)
- A first customer validation, regulatory approval with Health Canada and/or FDA
- Differentiated technology (IP) or a clear competitive advantage
- Identified business growth objectives which include France or Europe
- Strong management team seeking strategic partners to fine-tune business models for France or Europe
- In a financial position to sustain 3/4 months of business development in Paris
- Can send at least one C-level executive to take part in the program
Why Apply to CTA@FRANCE?
- Build a valuable network in the European health/medical technology sector including:
- Key Opinion Leaders in medicine
- Major hospitals and research institutions
- Med tech and pharma global players
- Health-IT companies
- Insurers and other payers
- Patient groups
- Venture Capitalists
- Health authorities and regulatory agencies
- Gain valuable intelligence on market trends, potential partners, major customers and competitors
- Establish an in-market presence to initiate or expand your business development efforts to France and Europe
- Designated a priority market for innovation and investment under Canada’s Global Markets Action Plan
- Known for having the strongest hospital network and health system in Europe
- Home to numerous leading medical institutions
- Large presence of med tech and pharma multinationals
- Strong support of technology commercialization through programs such as French Tech
July 1, 2015: Launch of Recruitment
September 25, 2015: Selection of participants completed
November 16, 2015 –March 31,2016: Company Participation
March 2016: Graduation/Exit Interview
For more detailed information and to get connected to the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service in Paris in charge of the program, please contact:
Svenja Chenikel, Trade & Investment Europe
Alberta International and Intergovernmental Relations