Canada-Chicago Mentoring Program (C2MP)
February 13, 2019, Chicago, Illinois
If you answer “Yes!” to any of the following questions, you are encouraged to submit your application to our 2019 mentoring program in Chicago:
- Are you a Canadian innovator and entrepreneur in life sciences/healthcare?
- Do you have a product or technology you would like to showcase?
- Are you seeking mentoring and guidance to advance your innovation?
The Trade Commissioner Service in partnership with the Chicago Innovation Mentors (CIM@MATTER) offers a tailor-made mentoring program focused on life sciences and healthcare innovators working in the three following sub-sectors: pharmaceuticals; health IT; and medical devices.
C2MP catalyzes the local Chicago life sciences ecosystem to accelerate technology commercialization opportunities in the Chicago area (and the US market) by matching experienced and supportive mentoring teams with early stage innovators.
- Receive coaching and mentoring for a period of 6 months from a team of life sciences/healthcare and other business professionals
- Build your network of key contacts in the Chicago market to take advantage of the business relationships you will develop to identify business opportunities
- Improve your understanding of market access issues in the US
- Immerse yourself in a culture of collaboration, open innovation and entrepreneurial inspiration
- Receive dedicated services from the Trade Commissioner Service
Review PROGRAM for the selected companies.
- Part of the mentoring will be done virtually (emails, conference calls, videoconferences)
- Plan to travel to market AT LEAST FOUR TIMES (February 13 + 4 other dates) to meet face-to-face with your mentoring team. Note: we recommend face-to-face meetings.
- Able to commit at least one senior team member (C-level or Founder) to take part in the virtual program and attend a minimum of three in-market mentoring sessions.
C2MP companies are selected using a competitive application process. Ideal candidates have:
- Created a technology/product with high potential for growth
- Initial traction in the market place (in Canada or the US or another geography)
- A management team
- A need for local professionals to evaluate their business models/strategy
- Resources to visit the market a minimum of four times to meet with their mentoring teams.
How to apply?
If you are interested in participating in the program, please contact Laura Dalby or Chantal Glass to receive the application form. Space is limited to FIVE Canadian companies; all applicants will be qualified by a vetting committee.
Deadline: Completed forms must be received at the Consulate by November 15, 2018 to be considered.