BioJapan 2019 World Business Forum
October 9 (Wed) – 11 (Fri) 2019
Pacifico Yokohama, Yokohama-city, Kanagawa Prefecture
Offering various programs, including an exhibition and technical seminars, BioJapan is one of the largest biotechnology related forums, not only in Japan but all East Asia. This forum features the latest developments in bio-related industries and is a great place for promoting your company / research institution globally according to the organizer.
Last year, BioJapan attracted 16,000+ visitors from 34 countries in the exhibition and the partnering system, which resulted in 10,075 BtoB meetings facilitated by its Online Partnering System. Major Japanese pharmaceutical companies and healthcare companies are participating in BioJapan 2019, which offers considerable opportunity in light of Japan's role as the world's third largest pharmaceutical market and rapidly expanding its biotech industry.
Japan’s pharmaceutical market was worth approximately US$ 84.6 billion in 2017 (Japan Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Association); the growth has been quite small but steady, due to the universal healthcare and aging population (IQVIA). Japanese pharmaceutical companies are increasingly pursuing open innovation and vigorously seeking partners, which presents great opportunity for Canadian biotech companies and research institutes. The Embassy will host a meeting space at the show, and provide services for introductions and meeting support.
Clients who will have the match with the visitors to this show would be biotech companies developing therapeutic compounds, drug development technologies, and drug delivery technologies and open innovation organizations. This year at BioJapan 2019, in addition to the regular floor space for the pharmaceutical industry, there will be digital zone (AI, robot, etc) and healthcare zone (preventive healthcare, functional foods, elderly care) as well. Please contact us or the organizer for more details.
1. Online Partnering System Offered by BioJapan 2019
BioJapan organizer provides Online Partnering System where you can search companies and request meetings.
- To Register: https://www.ics-expo.jp/biojapan/en/partnering.html
- The account covers:
- Use of the matching system – automatically assigns a meeting booth for a confirmed meeting
- Access to Networking Receptions during BioJapan (October 9th and 10th. Available only for those with the Partnering passes).
- Preferential Rate for the Registration through the Canadian Embassy: 60,000 Yen (approximately CAD$730, at CAD1=JPY 82) (25% discounted)
- Procedure to capitalize the preferential rate:
- Send an email to Katsuko.email@example.com for registration.
- The embassy will send your email address to the organizer.
- The organizer will send you the special code for you to register online.
The Embassy of Canada will provide support in identifying target companies for meetings and provide introductions to them upon request.
- Meeting suggestions request: Deadline 17:00 PM September 13 Friday (Japan Standard Time)
- Meeting introduction request: Deadline 17:00 PM September 20 Friday (Japan Standard Time)
2. Meeting Space for Canadian Companies:
While BioJapan’s Online Partnering System provides meeting spaces, the Embassy will host a meeting space on the exhibition floor to accommodate Canadian companies whose meeting counterparts (Japanese companies) are not registered for the Online Partnering System.
- One meeting slot is 25 minutes between 10:00 – 16:30 on Oct 9, 10, and 11.
- The meeting space is available for only one group at a time.
On a first-come, first-served basis, an applicant can tentatively reserve up to 6 time slots
- The meeting space accommodates a maximum of 6 people.
- Application should be sent to the Embassy of Canada to Japan by specifying the confirmed meeting details (time, date and the counterpart.)
- Deadline: 17:00 PM Thursday October 3th, 2019 (Japan Standard Time)