ALBERTA-WIDE Funding Opportunity
The Alberta Diabetes Institute at the University of Alberta is pleased to announce a collaboration with Janssen Pharmaceuticals and its parent company Johnson & Johnson to advance early-stage technologies related to Type I and Type II diabetes. The Alberta Diabetes Institute - Jonson & Johnson Diabetes Research Fund is a $600,000 partnership between Alberta Diabetes Foundation, Janssen Inc. (Johnson & Johnson) and the Government of Alberta. The three year competitive fund, administered by U of A’s Alberta Diabetes Institute, will support research in either Type I or Type II diabetes with a focus on highly novel hypothesis-testing for targets, agents, therapies, diagnostics, etc., discovery research with a high potential for commercialization.
This is the third year of funding and this year's Letter of Intent is due February 29, 2016 (register here). LOIs will be evaluated by a review committee that includes industry representation. This will be followed by invitation for full application. Up to a maximum of $50,000 for one year may be requested.
Visit http://adi.ualberta.ca/ADIandJJResearchFund for more information.
- Letter of Intent due February 29, 2016 (register here)
- Notification of approval to submit full application April 4, 2016
- Full application due May 2, 2016
- Notification of funding May 31, 2016
- You do not have to be a member of the ADI to apply for this funding
- Forward this information to your research office, researchers, administrators, etc.