2019 CADTH Symposium "Supporting Health System Transformation"
Edmonton Convention Centre || 9797 Jasper Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta
April 14 to 16, 2019
The 2019 CADTH Symposium will be held at the Edmonton Convention Centre in Edmonton, Alberta on April 14 to 16, 2019. The theme is Supporting Health System Transformation. Approximately 650-750 registrants from Canada and abroad, including health researchers, health economists, policy makers, administrators, care providers, industry representatives, patient group representatives, and students are anticipated to attend the symposium.
The Canadian health system is being transformed through new trends, new initiatives, and a whirlwind of changes on many fronts, including:
- federal, provincial, and territorial priorities (mental health, Indigenous health care, delivery of care in rural and remote areas)
- system restructuring (the Pan-Canadian Health Organization external review, the Advisory Council on the Implementation of National Pharmacare, impending changes to the price review process guidelines by the Patented Medicine Prices Review Board, Health Canada’s regulatory review of drugs and devices initiative)
- disruptive technologies (CAR T-cell and other cell and gene therapies, artificial intelligence, digital technologies)
- patient-focused care
- value-based health care
- the increasing demand for real-world evidence
- the transition from health technology assessment to health technology management.
In this era of system transformation, health technology assessment bodies and other stakeholders are simultaneously adapting to and supporting new approaches, new processes, and new priorities to support better health, better patient experience, and better value.
Join us as international, national, provincial, and local experts share their insights into how health technology assessment is itself being transformed in order to support health system transformation.